Novel Development: Simple system, no hydraulics or electronics, zero labour. Bird proof.
Unique design for the O’Neill ALCI feeder system, easily adjustable by side levers (Seconds). The rotating quadrant design, which is a unique feature, that controls the feed flow from the feed bin to the feed shelf and makes it available in measurable amounts to the animals.
This novel feature controls the required amount of feed available to the animal.
The feeder is designed to maximise the animal’s natural instinct for feed procurement with the tongue and saliva secretion.
Other Features include:
- Calibration (To ensure accurate feed delivery)
- Anti-Clogging (No blockages)
- Easily Adjustable (Seconds)
- Suitable for all types of feed. (Nuts, rough mix, pellets, straights, etc.)
- Easily filled direct from truck or loading shovel.
- Reduces the risk of subclinical acidosis.
- No crowding, no stress, no waste.
- Existing O’Neill Feeders can be retrofitted with this new design.
- Ideal for calf rearers, dairy stock, store to beef, etc.
- Suitable for small and large lots, ideal for full-time farmers or part-time farmers.
- Trouble-free, ideal for outside farms. Easily moved fully loaded, road compliant.
- Can be used in sheds or feedlots.
Findings from feed trials carried out in 2018/2019 grass-based system:
(Can be independently verified)
- 6 tonne feeder feeds up to 100 cattle.
- 4 tonne feeder feeds up to 80 cattle.
- 1 tonne feeder with two 4’ feed faces feeds 65 2/3 month old calves comfortably.
- 2 tonne feeder would feed 100 calves comfortably.
Existing systems can be seen nationwide by appointment.
Build with hot-dipped galvanised heavy-duty steel chassis frame with trough incorporated. The bin is constructed with heavy-duty galvanised sheets bolted together with stainless steel bolts.
The lid is easy to open to fill with loader bucket and when closed is sealed to facilitate blowing from feed truck.